Friday, December 23, 2016

Jesus Completes: The Best Gift You’ll Ever Receive


A day left and it’s finally Christmas Eve and Christmas day… but still, most of us don’t feel the spirit of Christmas or that Christmas vibe yet, why? Maybe because we feel incomplete this Christmas, but why? Maybe because we were expecting something this season yet we didn't receive it or maybe someone yet we never get to be with. Enough to give us a reason to feel incomplete.

Let me tell you something my friend… your incompleteness can never be satisfied by the things provided by the world we are living, perhaps for a moment but sooner or later you will feel unsatisfied again for everything here is temporary. But I know someone who can give you that satisfaction, that happiness, that contentment, and the one who can remove the "in-" in incompleteness in you, and that is Jesus.

"your incompleteness can never be satisfied by the things provided by the world we are living"

It is always this season where all our expectations tend to be so high, higher than the ceiling. We expect to receive so many things this season: new shoes, new gadgets, new books, or in my case, new clothes. And yet, when we finally receive our gifts, we still feel disappointed...incomplete, because it turns out to be something we don't like.

 In other cases, some were expecting to receive gifts but didn’t receive anything from anyone, now that’s even worse.

For some (singles), material things don’t matter to them as long as they have a special someone to celebrate Christmas with, but unfortunately, they end up with no one which leaves them broken, bitter, and empty…or incomplete.

It is sad how most of us are missing out the joy and the beauty of this season. We have used so much of our time complaining how we don’t feel the spirit or the vibe Christmas has to offer. We have used so much of our time being lonely and spending days still waiting for the person that will complete us. We have used so much of our time grumbling about how we are not contented with what we have received this season. We have used so much of our time wasting each moment that could have been more memorable and more meaningful. We have used so much of our time emphasizing how we are completely incomplete this season.

But my friend, this is not what Christmas is all about and this is what I’m trying to tell you! That you don’t need new clothes, new gadgets, new shoes to feel contented. You don’t need a special someone to make you feel loved and complete because thousands of years before someone already filled that emptiness, that gap, that incompleteness, for the sake of making you complete, and that is Jesus.

Jesus who is so loving, who is so patient, who is so kind, who does not envy, who does not boast, who is never proud, who does not dishonor others, who is not self-seeking, who is not easily angered, who keeps no record of wrongs, who does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, who always protects, who always trusts, who always hopes, and who always perseveres.

That’s my Jesus whom I have accepted as my Lord and my Savior. The One who changed my whole view of life. The One who made me see life in the most beautiful and amazing way. The One that gave me hope. The One who bore the penalty of our sins. The One who made me feel and made me realize that I' am complete in Him.

"I' am complete in Him"

And…

 I want you to be aware that Jesus did not die on the cross for you to feel empty, unsatisfied and incomplete. He died on that cross that we may experience His love and that we may have the greatest gift we could ever receive, the gift of Eternal Life through Him. And that my friend is more than enough to make you feel complete this season. His love is more than enough to complete us and His grace is more than enough to make us feel contented and satisfied.

Christ has truly been enough for me! Christ is enough for me! Christ has made me feel complete in His love and His presence! And I’m sure He will also be enough for you! For us! Christ will forever be and will truly be enough for you and for me!


So be grateful my friend for before you were even born, there is this one Man who already loved you, whose life was sacrificed for you, and that gift He offers has already been prepared for you and all you got to do is accept Him as your Lord and Savior. And you will experience a complete abundant life with and through Him, not only this season, but until the end of age. 

"there is this one Man who already loved you, whose life was sacrificed for you, and that gift He offers has already been prepared for you and all you got to do is accept Him as your Lord and Savior"